Thursday, January 20, 2005

Victory?!

I have moved to http://blog.thinkersroom.com, and i have also migrated all posts and comments. YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE SO CHANGE YOUR BOOKMARLS/BLOGROLLS ACCORDINGLY!!!!
On my way back from a meeting I heard on the radio that Kamau Ngotho, the hapless journalist who was interrogated under Security Minister Chris Murungaru's orders got the last laugh as the AG decided not to prosecute the case, arguing that there were plenty of alternatives for aggrieved parties to follow other than criminal libel. A nolle prosequi, or something to that effect, will be entered. (Anyone who speaks legalese fill us in!)

IRONY PART 1

Entrez

Along Uhuru Highway, just before Nyayo Stadium, is a colossal billboard that goes as follows:

"I urge Kenyans to pay their taxes and set our country free!"

Mwai Kibaki, President of Kenya

Exeunt

However, well connected people like Cooperatives Minister Njeru Ndwiga and Finance Minister David Mwiraria do not seem to have driven down that road! MPs! Not only are their colossal salaries not taxed, but even in cases where they have to they still want to weasel out of it!

IRONY PART II

Entrez

"... Exemptions to duty on land transactions can be granted if if the country will benefit as a whole ..."

Exeunt

Cooperatives Minister Njeru Ndwiga says he is entitled because he plans to export produce. It is strange how his venture will benefit the country but those of thousands of other exporters fail to qualify for the same exemptions.

This is why I DEEPLY RESENT being taxed. Why should I sacrifice my hard earned money for some Gadarene Swine to strain the seats of their already expansive trousers still more? One of the most depressing things I have ever seen in my life is my payslip. The difference between my gross pay and net pay for a minute had my head spinning!

PIC OF THE DAY


Finance Minister David Mwiraria wishes the KBL managing director would stop with the talking already and get to the sampling