Friday, January 14, 2005

Two steps forwards....

I have moved to http://blog.thinkersroom.com, and i have also migrated all posts and comments. YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE SO CHANGE YOUR BOOKMARLS/BLOGROLLS ACCORDINGLY!!!!
One of these fine days I shall be found curled in a corner laughing hysterically to myself. Just when we make one step forward in some area, we take three or four back!

On one hand AFSAT were licenced to sell VSATs to corporate and individual customers. (The less said about the connection with the head of the national security information service (NSIS) the better, but that is a matter for another day). In addition, we have 3 new gateways, including Kenya Data Networks, KDN. KDN made my day by releasing their price structure shortly after JamboNet, and those prices were generally half those of JamboNet! Did I mention that JamboNet had cut their own prices by up to 70%? This means we can finally have packet loss rates of less than 75%. I kid you not, there was a time you had to re-send 3 out of every 4 packets!

On the flip side journalists are being arrested and interrogated "on the orders of the Internal Security Minister". Bollocks does not begin to describe this. It's a good thing I never became a journalist because I'd be best friends with wardens country wide and begin my days making sure i'm not dropping soap in the claustrophobic confines of a prison shower.

I can easily see myself laughing outright in Mwakwere's face as i detach my station's microphone from the podium and being bunged promptly into the cells.

But then again considering all the things I've written about these Gadarene swine - er good men and women of impeccable character and morals

PIC OF THE DAY



"Easy there Gordon! Not everything green is a tree!"

Nobel Laureate Wangari Maathai wishes she was not an environmentalist as for the fourth time that day she narrowly espapes being watered by enthusiastic fans