Friday, August 19, 2005

Heads Up - Missing In Action

I have moved to http://blog.thinkersroom.com, and i have also migrated all posts and comments. YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE SO CHANGE YOUR BOOKMARLS/BLOGROLLS ACCORDINGLY!!!!
I'm off out of the country again. This time I'm not stepping across the border, but will be crossing several borders. Unlike some people who we will not name (like Chris Murungaru), the Government where I'm going does not object to my "conduct, character and associations" and will let me in.

I've spent the entire week applying for a passport (hence the silence). To pry a passport out of the cheap, unwilling fingers of the Kenyan government requires 30 working days if you are lucky. Seeing as I had just under a week, molehills and mountains had to be moved, oceans parted and multitudes had to be fed with five loaves and two fish, a tale for another day. Fascinating fact: Even if you're dying the best they can do is one week!

Suffice it to say if I see an indefatigable car labelled KACA indefatigably pulling up at the office gates I will surreptitiously effect a silent, ninja-like exit from my office window and lower myself to the ground with my shoelaces because they undoubtedly would be anxious to have a word with me over the events of the week.

In my back pocket is a shiny new passport I secured in exactly 22 hours and 34 minutes. The yellow fever vaccine has left me feeling like I have ran two marathons back to back. I ache in places I didn't know I had.



Anyway, I will be in Gaborone, Botswana for a couple of weeks. If I can convince my camera to work I'll see what I can do when I intentionally get lost in the streets of Gaborone. After life in Kenya's system ya majambazi I dare say I can survive. As for blogging I can't promise anything so try not to get them voodoo effigies of me and drive pins into them!

Flexx - Nyundo